Determine two (2) current needs and two (2) current uses of long-term care services.
- Determine the main way(s) the overall needs and uses of long-term care services have evolved over the past fifty (50) years.
- Predict the main way(s) the overall needs and uses of long-term care services will continue to evolve over the next ten (10) years.
- Give your opinion as to whether or not people in their 40s and 50s should purchase long-term care insurance
- Examine the critical role of commercial insurance companies in the financing of long-term services. Take a position as to whether or not insurance companies’ variations in the cost of premiums are justifiable. If justifiable, give at least one (1) justification for these variations. Provide a rationale for your response
- Take a position as to whether or not nursing homes should have the authority to restrain a resident.
- Determine who should be held liable if the resident sustains injuries while being restrained. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Describe the fiscal impact of the growth and aging of the population on long-term care services, and take a position as to whether or not the federal government should continue to provide subsidies to offset the cost to families utilizing long-term care services. Provide support for your response.