This discussion question focuses on the four nursing paradigms, which are comprised of person, health, environment, and nursing. Each metaparadigm plays a key role in the nursing process and is essential when providing patient care.
Select one metaparadigm (person, health, nursing, or environment).
Describe the metaparadigm’s significance specific to your nursing practice.
Compare and contrast two nursing theorists’ individual interpretations of the selected nursing metaparadigms.
Be sure to supplement your discussion with your personal and professional experiences.
Responses need to address all components of the question, demonstrate critical thinking and analysis, and include peer reviewed journal evidence to support the student’s position.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
Framework Developed to Guide Nurses: Nursing Assignment
1. In-depth coverage of nursing theory linked to original statement
2. Description of nursing theory, impact on nursing practice and linked back to original statement
3. Justification of how knowledge of theory will impact on nursing practice and linked back to original statement
4. Demonstrates a grasp of contemporary issues related to questions
5. Demonstrates an analysis of the literature
6. Content is appropriately objective and demonstrates a critical approach to subject matter
7. Writing is consistent with academic writing