MATERNAL NEWBORN NURSING Nurse E-Portfolio, you will focus on the role of the parent-child health nurse. Using the E-Portfolio format, answer the following questions. Make sure you spend some time thinking about the answers to these questions before writing.
Briefly describe one past experience you may have had in becoming a parent, parenting, or taking care of someone who was having or had a child. Were there any issues or complications? What was done to overcome these?
What do you imagine it will be like being a nurse who takes care women having babies? Is this a goal in your nursing career? If so, why? If not, why?
What do you imagine it will be like being a nurse who takes care of babies or children? Is this a goal in your nursing career? If so, why? If not, why?
Assuming you become a nurse caring for childbearing women or for children, identify two standards that are important for your practice.
What specific legal scope of practice and ethical dimensions must be considered in parent-child health nursing as a nurse caregiver in your state?
Describe five considerations when documenting care in parent-child health nursing
- Review the Resources on healthcare policy and regulatory/legislative topics related to health and nursing informatics.
- Consider the role of the nurse informaticist in relation to a healthcare organization’s compliance with various policies and regulations, such as the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA).
- Research and select one health or nursing informatics policy (within the past 5 years) or regulation for further study.
The Assignment: (1 page)
Create a 1-page fact sheet that your healthcare organization could hypothetically use to explain the health or nursing informatics policy/regulation you selected. Your fact sheet should address the following:
- Briefly and generally explain the policy or regulation you selected.
- Address the impact of the policy or regulation you selected on system implementation.
- Address the impact of the policy or regulation you selected on clinical care, patient/provider interactions, and workflow.
- Highlight organizational policies and procedures that are/will be in place at your healthcare organization to address the policy or regulation you selected. Be specific.