Stress and Nursing Practice
Describe the case that defined you as a nurse. What happened, how were you involved? How does this case still affect you and your practice? What steps have you taken to overcome the stress of this event? (Remember to protect patient privacy).
Explain the importance of debriefings. Are they used in your workplace? If a debriding would happen who would be involved, what would be discussed, who would lead the debriefing, where would it take place? Are debriefing possible at your workplace and would they help nurses deal with stress?
Length: 1550 to 1750 words
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA format. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this assignment. Your essay must include an introduction and a conclusion.
References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of two (2) scholarly sources are required for this assignment.
In a reflection of 450-600 words, explain how you see yourself fitting into the following IOM Future of Nursing recommendations:
- Recommendation 4: Increase the proportion of nurses with a baccalaureate degree to 80% by 2020.
- Recommendation 5: Double the number of nurses with a doctorate by 2020.
- Recommendation 6: Ensure that nurses engage in lifelong learning.
Identify your options in the job market based on your educational level.
- How will increasing your level of education affect how you compete in the current job market?
- How will increasing your level of education affect your role in the future of nursing?
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.