Select a health care setting you want to focus on for your sustainability initiative (e.g., local hospital, veterans hospital, ambulance service, urgent care, nursing home, etc.).
1. Just think about your life in the upcoming years, where and how do you see yourself advancing your nursing career and developing your leadership skills?
2. Now reflect on your first year as a registered nurse and prepare a written summary. In sharing you’re your story, be sure to answer the following questions:
Tell us how you have develop as a professional nurse?
How has the care you deliver to your patients and families changed?
Tell us what are you most proud of?
3. Tell me what advice would you give to the next Cohort as they transition into their new role?
Analyze the setting you have selected and break it down to the main departments, employee roles, operating activities, etc. While doing so, brainstorm opportunities to reduce costs or eliminate waste while improving patient care or outcomes.
Review the list of sustainable initiatives from the list below, and select one from this list that you want to promote for your course project, you will be building on this throughout the course:
- Energy efficiency
- IR scanning
- Kanban Inventory
- Device exchange
- CR pack reformation
- Device reprocessing
- Red bag waste reduction
- Blue wrap recycling
Note: Ensure that the opportunity you select correlates with the setting you select. Additionally, if you want to complete a sustainable initiative that is not on the list, obtain approval from your instructor before completing the assignment.
Identify data sources you might need to collect and analyze for your initiative. Consider contacting people in the industry and at your organization who may be able to help.
Write a 525- to 700-word proposal of the sustainability initiative you want to promote at the health care setting you selected. Your proposal should:
- Create a clear vision or mission statement that defines the scope of the initiative and would generate buy-in.
- Define what outcomes you expect to achieve over time.
- Be specific with what you can realistically deliver.
Cite 3 reputable references to support your assignment (e.g., trade or industry publications, government or agency websites, scholarly works, or other sources of similar quality).
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines