Using the South University Online Library, find information about nursing research.
Based on your research, respond to one of the following discussion questions.
Discussion Question 1
- Is research used in your facility? If so, what type of research and how is this different than other nursing roles? Find out if there is a research committee at your facility. Is research an important component of clinical practice?
Discussion Question 2
- Have you had an experience when evidence-based research had a significant impact on the quality of your patient care that resulted in policy making? Please discuss and state the issue and policy.
Citations should conform to APA guidelines. You may use this APA Citation Helper as a convenient reference for properly citing resources or connect to the APA Style website through the APA icon below.
After reading The Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice (http://www.aacn.nche.edu/education-resources/BaccEssentials08.pdf) and reviewing the Leadership Qualities Assessment results from Leadership, Management, and Professional Development course, write a 3-4 Professional Practice Plan which details the following:
- The areas in which you feel confident.
- The areas you know you need more knowledge/skills practice.
- Which ATI Skills and Review modules you will review to increase your knowledge.
- Which ATI Practice Assessments you will complete improving your critical Thinking/analysis and practice skills.
- Minimum of five practice smart goals you set for yourself to achieve during the clinical component of this course