D. D. is a 66 year-old female suffering from shortness of breath. She smoked 2 packs a day until she quit 2 years ago. She has a history of bronchiolitis, hyperinflated lungs, pulmonary edema, and syncope. Her primary care practitioner suspects she also has pulmonary hypertension (PH). After examination, D. D. has a PAP of 35 mm Hg and mild CHF.
For this week’s discussion, answer ALL questions below:
1. What is the prevalence of COPD in the United States? Use the most recent data available and provide a citation for your data.(2 pts)
2. Do COPD sufferers die of respiratory causes or other causes? Why? (2 pts)
2. What are the three different medication classes/types of bronchodilators, and how do they EACH function to alleviate the symptoms of COPD? (4 pts)
3. Is lung transplantation a solution for emphysema patients like D.D.? Why or why not? (2 pts)
Please need done within the next hour, its not paragraph require just questions answered.
Was a power analysis conducted? If so, which statement best describes the results of the power analysis?
a. The authors mention that an a priori power analysis was conducted, and 200 subjects were
determined to be needed for the study.
b. The authors mention that a power analysis was conducted using four predictors and 1-way ANOVA using three independent groups for a needed sample size of 159.
c. The authors do not report that a power analysis was conducted.
5. Which of these statements would be considered an inclusion criterion for the sample in the research article?
b. Have at least two years of experience as a nurse
c. Work on a Medical Surgical unit
d. Be a member of the Medical Surgical Nurses Association
6. Which of these statements would be considered to be exclusion criterion specifically identified by the author for the sample in the research article?
a. The exclusion criteria were explained verbally during recruitment.
b. History of depression/ mental health issue.
c. Report of no stress related problems by the participant.
d. Participants only worked on the night shift.
7. What is the refusal rate for this study? (Hint: see page 253 in your text)
a. 161/200 X 100% = 80%
b. 84/159 X 100% = 53%
c. unknown / cannot be calculated.
d. 39/200 x 100% = 19.5%
8. Which of the following would be accurate for the attrition rate for this study?
a. 161/200 X 100% = 80%
b. 39/200 X 100% = 20%
c. 84/159 X 100% = 53%
9. What was the setting for this research study? Briefly describe the setting and indicate whether it was appropriate for conducting this study.
a. The setting for this study was a partially controlled setting and was appropriate for this study’s research design.
b. The setting for this study was not well described by the authors and therefore not appropriate for
conducting this study.
c. The setting for this study was a highly controlled setting and was appropriate for this study’s research design.
d. The setting for this study was a natural or field setting and was appropriate for this study’s research design.
Question 10 – 14: Measurement Methods. (For help with these questions, refer to chapters 10 & 12.)
10. Which ones of these questionnaires, scales, or physiologic measures is used in this research study?
(Select all that apply).