Religion, Culture, and Nursing
Read chapter 13 attached to files of the class textbook and review the attached PowerPoint presentation once done select 2 between amish ;catholic, and buddhist religion.
1. Write a summary (700 words minimum) comparing and contrasting two spiritual or religious beliefs about sickness causation and health.
a. Include the potential benefits of understanding spirituality to both health care providers and patients.
b. What health issues may be better addressed by a nursing care staff with knowledge about religious diversity?
c. How will you accommodate prayer, meditation or spiritual focus in the clinical setting?
2. You must write two replies to 2 class peers in different paper that the assignment # 1 ( 250-300words ) sustained with the proper references and make sure that the references that you use in your assignment are properly quoted in it.
1. The assignment in an APA format word document, Arial 12 font titled “Religion, Culture, and Nursing”
2. It will be checked by Turnitin to verify originality.
3. The references used in the assignment must be quoted in the assignment. If it is not in quoted it will be considered plagiarism.
4. A minimum of 3 evidence-based references besides the class textbook must be used and one of them must be from a gerontological nursing magazine.
If you have any questions you can contact me via email.
Due date: Friday, July 26, 2019 @ 11:59 Am Easter time
In my welcome letter to you, I indicated that every class should change your thinking about the focus of the class. Again read the provided ” A Walk Through The Steps of a Nursing Research Study”. This is the same document you were provided during Week 1. Has your ability to read with understanding changed? Briefly share your thoughts regarding this experience. In this discussion forum from a “qualitative approach” briefly reflect on what you have learned about nursing research, evidence based nursing and its impact on you as a professional nurse earning a baccalaureate degree in nursing. From a “quantitative approach”, reflect on your response to the scale of your reading and understanding of nursing research you identified in week 1. How has it changed? What activities most contributed to your enhanced knowledge base?
Additionally, I would like you to discuss your preparedness to respond to the Institute of Medicine’s mandate that “Participants have set a goal that, by the year 2020, 90 percent of clinical decisions will be supported by accurate, timely, and up-to-date clinical information, and will reflect the best available evidence* (IOM, 2007). What strategies can you personally implement to address this mandate on a personal/professional level beyond obtaining your baccalaureate degree in nursing? What is the state of your employing institution (no need to name your institution-just identify if it is an acute care setting, long term setting etc) in addressing this mandate since it was initiated in 2007 and with only 1 year left? Will your employing institution meet the mandate? Initiate a discussion regarding this mandate with a managerial/administrative/ person in your employing institution to gain their perspective on evidence based practice. Here is a website that you can select to review to gain information on this directive. If possible, informally ask some of your nursing colleagues if they are aware of the mandate. What challenges do you foresee to the implementation of evidence-based nursing practice in your workplace?