Topic 1: Nursing Research
Nursing research differs from research in other fields in that nursing draws data and develops interventions from a broad knowledge base (e.g. social science, biology, chemistry, etc.). The advantage of interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary collaboration is increasingly apparent. Review Bringing Science to Life: The Interdisciplinary Advantage (NINR, 2011).
After reviewing, please address the following:
- Compare and contrast nursing research to that of other fields of study.
- Appraise the role of the NP in the process of collaboration with researchers in other fields.
- Distinguish the role of the NP in clinical trials.
At least 3 references no older than 5 years with intext citation APA format with at least 300 words or more
Using the knowledge and insights gained from the textbook and other reliable sources answer the following.
- Define, in your own words, quantitative research.
- Locate and cite two different types of qualitative research articles related to your this question: In older women how does cranberry compared to low-dose antibiotic therapy reduce the incidence of recurrent UTI’s in 6 months? .
- Provide a brief explanation of each design.
- Identify a potential quantitative research study that is important to nursing and describe which design you would use for this study, why you would use that design, and how the information generated from the study could be applied in nursing practice.
- Reflect on the value of quantitative research adding to the science, knowledge, and practice of nursing.