The student will read the assigned readings pertaining to the e-portfolio, as well as research the topic. The student will define an e-portfolio for the graduate student and for an advanced practice nurse. The PowerPoint slide presentation will include discussion of the importance and purpose of developing and using an e-portfolio as a graduate student, then identify and discuss items that should be in included in an e-portfolio per the grading rubric. The student will provide five (5) examples of items that would be included in an e-portfolio. The presentation will conclude with a summary and recommendations on how the student will use the e-portfolio as a graduate student and as an advanced practice nurse (APN) in the future.
Preparing the Presentation
- Must be a professional, scholarly prepared PowerPoint presentation of 8-10 slides including at least five scholarly references.
- You should have at least 8-10 slides, not including the title slide and reference slides.
- Speaker notes are present for each slide. It is important to note that if you could not give your presentation and someone would have to stand in for you, he or she would need to know what you were going to say. Use the speaker-notes section so that someone may step in for you and not miss a beat.
- Maintain the 6x6x6 rule for a professional PowerPoint presentation. No more than 6 lines per slide, 6 words per line, and 6 slides without a graphic.
- All aspects of the presentation must be in APA format as expressed in the 6th edition.
- Ideas and information from professional sources must be cited correctly.
- References may include one dictionary source, one textbook source, and four scholarly peer-reviewed journals published in the last 5 years. Total of six sources. No Wikipedia or CINAHL Nursing guide articles.
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and citations are consistent with formal academic writing.
Title slide has name, topic title, course, and date present
Title slide looks professional with the student’s name, title of presentation, course and date present
Provides a definition for an e-portfolio for a graduate student and for an advanced practice nurse
Importance of developing and using an e-portfolio as a graduate student
Discusses the importance and purpose of developing and using an e-portfolio as a graduate student.
Identify and discuss items to be included in an e-portfolio as a graduate student and as a professional
Identifies and discusses items to be included in an e-portfolio
Examples of what you would include in your e-portfolio
Identifies at least five (5) examples of items that the student would include in their e-portfolio.
Discuss challenges and issues associated with e-portfolios
Discusses at least two(2) challenges or issues associated with developing or using an e-portfolio
Conclusion slide with recommendations for the future present
Concludes presentation with recommendations on how they will use the e-portfolio as an APN in the future
Includes 6 references per the assignment guideline and slide count of 8-10 slides excluding title and reference slides.
Presentation may include on dictionary, one textbook, and four scholarly sources published in the last five (5) years as references. No Wikipedia or CINAHL nursing guide articles. Slide count = 8-10 excluding title and reference slides.
The slide presentation includes speaker notes.