Controversial Treatments and Legislative ChangeCourse Outcomes addressed in this assignmentMN506-3: Evaluate the implications of the effects of contemporary health policy on providers and consumers.MN
Controversial Treatments and Legislative Change
Course Outcomes addressed in this assignment
MN506-3: Evaluate the implications of the effects of contemporary health policy on providers and consumers.
MN506-4: Assess the legislative and policy-making strategies specific to scope of practice and nursing roles that influence health care services and practice.
The group will choose a health care treatment option that is controversial and maybe costly. Describe the positive and negative benefits from the treatment, evidence of effectiveness, and the potential harm of a different treatment option. What strategies would you use to advocate for a legislative change in your state to influence insurance coverage for this treatment.
- Choose a controversial health care treatment option. Describe the treatment.
- Describe the social and legal controversy associated with your controversial treatment.
- Describe the evidence that supports the effectiveness of the controversial treatment.
- Describe the evidence that does not support the effectiveness of the controversial treatment.
- Compare and contrast the positive and negative benefits or harm of the controversial treatment.
- Compare and contrast positive and negative aspects of available traditional treatments.
- Compare and contrast the costs of the controversial treatment with the costs associated with traditional treatments
- Describe the required process for legislative change to occur in your state.
- Describe a strategies that you would you use at the local and state level to advocate for a legislative change in your state that would influence insurance coverage for this treatment.
- Provide an estimated timeline for your legislative change to occur. Use the steps describe in required process for legislative change for your state.
- This is a fact-based Assignment that will not include your opinion.
- This will require research and support for what is written.
- The Assignment should be in your words after reading the scholarly and fact-based publications and have proper citations. There should be no quotations. The professor wants to hear your voice as a masters trained nurse.
- The paper should have a minimum of seven citations and some of these should be case law or applicable statutes.
- Due: Day 7 by 11:59 p.m. (ET)
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- Be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- Consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- Utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- Follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.;
- Be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- Display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- Use APA 6th Edition format as outlined in the APA Progression Ladder.
How to Submit
Submit your Assignment to the unit Dropbox before midnight on the last day of the unit.
Each student was assigned to a team in Unit 4 and the Assignment was discussed at length in the Unit 4 Seminar.
When you are ready to submit your Assignment, click the Dropbox tab and select this unit’s basket from the dropdown menu, then attach your file. Make sure to save a copy of your work and be sure to confirm that your file uploaded correctly.
********Our topic is on bariatric surgery and I have questions number 9 & 10 to discuss and the conclusion to the paper. Please respond to this matter appropriately it is a WebQuest.**********Please read carefully*********