Introduction to Theory in Healthcare Informatics Essay
Introduction to Theory in Healthcare Informatics
Write an essay addressing each of the following points/questions. -1200 words
Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each number item.
There should be three sections, one for each item number below, as well the introduction (heading is the title of the essay) and conclusion paragraphs.
Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper Introduction to Theory in Healthcare Informatics Essay.
Support your ideas with at least three (4) scholarly citations using APA 7th edition citations in your essay. One citation should be your textbook.
Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the essay.
ORDER A PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPER HERE
The cover page and reference page do not count towards the minimum word amount.
Write an essay addressing the following prompts:
1. Electronic health records (EHRs) are easier to read than the paper charts of the past, but many complain that healthcare providers are focusing too much on the computer screen instead of the patient.
· Is this due to lack of skill or training, poor computer system design, or just the nature of computer charting?
· Is patient care suffering from the implementation of EHRs?
· Charting in an EHR consist of clicking boxes, do you feel this provides enough detail about the patient, condition, and events if there was a law suit?
2. Hebda, Hunter and Czar (2019) identify three types of data that is currently being tracked by organizations (p. 46).
· Identify and explain another type of data, specific to your practice, that is being tracked by an organization.
· Why do you feel this data is important to track?
· Identify and discuss the organization that is tracking the data Introduction to Theory in Healthcare Informatics Essay.
· Are there any ethical concerns with an outside organization tracking this data, explain and give examples?
3. In this week’s discussion post, you identified and explain the topic selected for the project.
· Provide a description of your selected topic based on input from the discussion forum. What is your project, why is it relevant to this class, and why is it important to you?
· Identify an informatics/healthcare theory from pages 29-30 of the textbook that aligns with the project and explain why.
NOTE: For this first week, determine the topic of your project and begin to look for scholarly sources for the topic. Each week you should be adding to your research. (See Module 8 for details of the assignment Introduction to Theory in Healthcare Informatics Essay