In this discussion, review the different nursing models and theories. Then answer the following questions:
1. Which theories or models best represents your view of nursing, and why?
2. How can you envision yourself applying this to your nursing practice?
Textbook Readings: Chapter Six: Nursing Models and Theories of;
Hood, L. J. (2014). Leddy & Pepper’s conceptual bases of professional nursing (8th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolter’s Kluwer.
Per readings from the book, there are three (3) theories:
- Systems theory
- Stress and adaptation theory
- Complexity theory
Per readings from the book, there are nine (9) theories:
- Imogene King’s Systems Interaction Model (Theory of Goal Attainment)
- Dorothea Orem’s Self-care Deficit Theory of Nursing
- Callista Roy’s Adaptation Model
- Betty Neuman’s Systems Model
- Jean Watson’s Human Caring Science, Theory of Nursing
- Martha Rogers’s Science of Unitary Human Beings
- Margaret Newman’s Theory of Health as Expanding Consciousness
- Rosemary Parse’s Human Becoming Theory
- Susan Leddy’s Human Energy Model
****Remember to use APA style.