Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
This week you will be writing an APA paper to include a title page, level headings, and a reference page
- Discuss and explain King’s Conceptual System Theory.
- First explain the 3 systems and provide examples of each system
- Explain how the systems influence goal attainment
- (I will do this part) Apply this theory to a current interaction with a patient in your practice.
- Case study
As a nurse working in a mental health facility, you are responsible for the care of Jane, a young woman in her mid-20s who has been admitted with a diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia. Jane has a health history of repeated hospitalizations. Her first admission occurred when she was a young teenager. Jane tells you she was always very shy growing up, and that she did not have many friends. However, Jane did play the piano when she was an adolescent and found playing the piano comforting. It was the only engaged activity she participated in during her teenage years. Jane told the nurse that when her mother and father divorced, she became more withdrawn and preferred to remain alone. Further conversation revealed that she did not feel motivated to pursue goals or activities in school. She felt persecuted and interpreted events with no reference to reality. She eventually lost interest in the piano as the symptoms of the disease resulted in being unable to associate letters with the musical notes. She has recently stated she felt little purpose in her life.
- The core or central concept of Levine’s Theory is conservation. What might this mean for Jane?
- How does Jane adapt to the internal and external environment?
- What nursing interventions might ground the nurse in caring for Jane from Levine’s perspective?
- From the nursing theories we have discussed, what additional theory would you apply to this case study? How would the application of this theory change your nursing plan of care? (be specific and provide examples
This paper should include 3 outside references and the textbook. This paper should be 1000 to 1250 words (4-5 pages) in length.