Dissertation Development” from RES-820.
In your upcoming Residency, you will be asked to defend your choices of potential research topic, background to the problem, problem space, theoretical foundation, initial literature review, problem statement, purpose statement, variables (quantitative) or phenomenon (qualitative), research questions (and hypotheses for quantitative), study methodology, and study feasibility. In this assignment, you will draft an initial defense of these items. Dissertation Development” from RES-820.
General Requirements: Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Refer to your submission of “Dissertation Development” from RES-820.
- Locate the presentation template “RES-831 Quantitative Study Defense” or “RES-831 Qualitative Study Defense” attached to this assignment.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association for specific guidelines related to doctoral level writing. The Manual contains essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
- This assignment requires the inclusion of at least two scholarly research sources related to this topic and at least one in-text citation from each source.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
Refer to your potential dissertation topic from your submission of “Dissertation Development” in RES-820.
Based on the methodology of your potential dissertation topic, select the appropriate presentation template: “RES-831 Quantitative Study Defense” or “RES-831 Qualitative Study Defense.”
Complete the template slides (including the slide that presents an alignment table for your potential study) to prepare a presentation in which you describe and defend your choices of the following for your potential study:
- Proposed Dissertation Topic Title
- Literature Review: Background to the Problem
- Literature Review: Problem Space
- Literature Review: Theoretical Foundations
- Literature Review: Review of Literature
- Problem Statement
- Purpose Statement
- Variables (if quantitative) or Phenomenon (if qualitative)
- Research Questions (and Hypotheses if quantitative)
- Methodology Justification. Note: Include a rationale for not choosing the other methodology.
Reminder: Your choices must be defended with relevant current research. Dissertation Development” from RES-820.