Conceptual Foundations of Motivation Orientation Assignment
As you are learning, the motivations that underlie our behavior are unique to us. For example, we may engage in behavior as a result of social expectations and obligations. Yet, when we are driven to engage in behavior that is not self-directed, the extrinsic pressure to adhere to rules and norms could cause intrapersonal conflict. By contrast, we may engage in behavior as a result of our curiosities, interests, or values. When we are driven to engage in behavior that is self-directed, we feel an intrinsic drive to complete tasks and pursue goals based on our own volition and free will. For these reasons, it is important to answer the question: Why does intrinsic motivation matter?
For this milestone, you will reflect on the conceptual foundations and practical applications of motivation orientation. Specifically, you will analyze the impacts of extrinsic and intrinsic rewards and how being aware of a person’s motivation orientation can promote effective leadership. Conceptual Foundations of Motivation Orientation Assignment
To complete this assignment, use the Module One Milestone Template Word Document to address Part One and Part Two of the following rubric criteria:
Part OneIn 3 to 5 sentences for each criterion, apply the conceptual foundations of motivation orientation to your lived experience by responding to the following:
- Describe which motivation orientation, autonomous or controlled, is most relevant to you and why.
- Describe how motivation orientation influences level of engagement.
- Describe an authentic example of how conformity has been both detrimental and essential to your well-being.
- Describe the strengths and limitations of an autonomously motivated mindset as it applies to emotional intelligence. Conceptual Foundations of Motivation Orientation Assignment
Part TwoNext, in 3 to 5 sentences for each criterion, describe the practical applications of motivation orientation within the leadership context by responding to the following:
- Describe the types of values that you believe would help to promote an autonomously motivated mindset in those you serve.
- Describe how you could support others in their own motivation.
- Describe an example of how your understanding of motivation orientation can help you engage in more compassionate, empathetic leadership.
What to Submit
You will use the Module One Milestone Template to complete this milestone. Sources should be cited according to APA style. Conceptual Foundations of Motivation Orientation Assignment