Sources need to be less than five years old and journal/scholarly articles.
Use only articles that are published between 2013-2018 (except for your theory articles which will be older as you must cite primary sources).
No textbook or direct quotes
There need to be a Thesis
Rubric Requirements must be met
The Institute of Medicine set a goal that 90% of health care decisions should be evidence-based by 2020. At best guess, less than 10% of decisions use best evidence. Bridging the gap between research, findings, and practice implementation is one strategy to meet this important goal. This assignment will help you to find gaps that may be used for your project.
My project is CLABI’S PREVENTION
With the picot question In Patients > 65 years of age with central line catheters, how does staff training of key personnel and reinforcement of central line catheter hub hygiene after its insertion, along with the apt cleansing of the insertion site, reduce the incidence of CLABSIs (Central Line Associated Blood-stream Infections) compared to standard care over a one-month period at ICU Regional Medical Center, Texas?
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Review the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) website to complete the assignment.
- Doctora learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please Review the rubric prior to the beginning to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Use at least two additional scholarly research sources published within the last 5 years. Provide citations and references for all sources used.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Select a practice from the AHRQ comparative effectiveness research site and write a 1,000-1,250 word paper that looks at a gap that exists between research findings and the implementation of those findings in practice. Include the following:
- Discuss the practice.
- Assess to what extent the practice is being implemented.
- Evaluate the barriers to implementation into practice.
- Propose ways to overcome the barriers.
- Discuss the resources available on the selected site to inform translation.