AN INTRODUCTION TO HEALTHCARE QUALITY AND ACCREDITATION AGENCIES ASSIGNMENT
Accreditation is important to a healthcare organization, as it signifies a high level of
quality approval. As noted in Module 1 Background section, there are a number of
healthcare accrediting agencies. These agencies vary in the level of standards, who
they accredit, accreditation period, cost, etc. While some accrediting agencies are
more well known than others, they all provide some sort of benefit to healthcare
For this assignment, compare and contrast six different accrediting agencies from
the listings in Module 1 Background. Select three agencies from the “Top 5”
accrediting agency listing and three from the second list.
In the 2-page report, complete the following:
1. Introduction – In this section, explain the accreditation, its purpose, and
importance in the healthcare field. AN INTRODUCTION TO HEALTHCARE QUALITY AND ACCREDITATION AGENCIES ASSIGNMENT
2. Compare and Contrast – Use the chart below to compare and contrast the six
different accrediting agencies including the following information for each:
a. Identification information for each accrediting agency (i.e.,
for-profit vs. nonprofit, number of organizations accredited,
year incepted, etc.).
b. Associated cost for accreditation – this varies on the type
c. Accreditation period – How long does the accreditation last
d. Organizations they accredit
e. Accrediting agency programs (i.e., Case Management,
HIPAA Privacy, Health Care Staffing Services, etc.)
f. Conclusion – In this section, summarize the information
that you have compared and identify how quality and the
8/18/23, 6:20 PM Case – BHA435 Healthcare Quality Assessment and Improvement (2023AUG14FT-1)
perception of quality from a consumer perspective directly
relates to accreditation.
Accrediting Agency. AN INTRODUCTION TO HEALTHCARE QUALITY AND ACCREDITATION AGENCIES ASSIGNMENT
1. Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your
2. Limit your response to a maximum of 2 pages (title and reference page is not
included in page number count).
3. Support your responses with peer-reviewed articles, with 3 to 4 references. Use
the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed
How to Recognize Peer-Reviewed (Refereed) Journals
4. You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment:
Purdue Owl – https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.
5. For additional information on reliability of sources, review the following
6. This assignment will be graded based on the content in the rubric. AN INTRODUCTION TO HEALTHCARE QUALITY AND ACCREDITATION AGENCIES ASSIGNMENT