Financial Effects of Globalization Assignment
Financial Effects of Globalization: In recent decades, the emergence of global economic, political, environmental, and cultural interconnections has greatly impacted people, companies, and nations regionally and in different parts of the world. Consider, for instance, the following mission statement: “Partnerships International, Inc. periodically brings together industry and government in a collegial and informative setting in order to enhance the U.S.’s abilities and presence throughout the global marketplace, and to promote our continuous growth and development in that competitive, demanding and dynamic environment” (Partnerships International, Inc., 2014). There are financial implications associated with the emergence of global partnerships and globalization in general. In this Discussion, you consider some of these. Financial Effects of Globalization Assignment
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 3 an explanation of the financial benefits and limitations of global partnerships. Provide specific evidence of one positive or one negative impact of globalization on the government or non-profit organization.
Be sure to support your posting and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.
Respond by Day 5 to at least two of your colleagues’ postings in one of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question.
- Share an insight gained from having read a colleague’s posting.
- Offer a different financial benefit or limitation.
- Expand on your colleague’s posting using the Learning Resources and/or personal experiences. Financial Effects of Globalization Assignment
Discussion 2: Final Reflections
In many of the assignments in the course, you learned about how sound financial practices are crucial to managing scarce funds in both public and non-profit operations. As a current or future administrator in a government or non-profit organization, you must act responsibly and ethically in managing budgets and finances to ensure positive social change.
Post by Day 4 a reflection on the insights you gained in this course. Then, explain how you, as a present or future professional in public administration, plan to effect social change.
Be sure to support your posting and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources
- Mikesell, J. L. (2014). Fiscal administration: Analysis and applications for the public sector (9th ed.). Boston, MA: Wadsworth.
- Chapter 2, “The Logic of the Budget Process” (pp. 38–83)
- St. John, E. P. (2013). Social justice & globalization. Harvard International Review, 35(1), 45–49.
Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Yale Center for the Study of Globalization. (2013). Retrieved from http://www.ycsg.yale.edu/
The global market place is a dream for many rising companies. They aim to attain this status so as to reap big from the global economy and the cultural interconnections. When operating in a global marketplace a company is able to avoid a lot of pitfalls associated with a national economy…. Financial Effects of Globalization Assignment