Nonprofit Servant Leader Profile
Conduct research and use the links below to locate a reputable nonprofit organization that serves people and the community as a servant leader:
Create a poster, PowerPoint presentation, brochure, YouTube video, etc. that illustrates how the nonprofit organization puts servant leadership into action. Within the informational piece, include written or verbal documentation of the following:
1. Specific information about the servant leadership principles employed by the organization
2. Examples of how implementing servant leadership principles has helped the organization achieve success while having a positive impact on people and the community.
3. Discussion of which servant leadership principles you recognize as most valuable and would consider integrating within your own organization.
Submit your assignment as a Word document, PowerPoint presentation, a PDF file, or YouTube video link.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
1. “Servant Leadership” – Serve to Be Great
Read “‘Servant Leadership’ – Serve to Be Great,” located on the Intellisource website (2015).
2. 1 Little-Known Advantage Most Investors Miss
Read “1 Little-Known Advantage Most Investors Miss,” by Lomax, located on The Motley Fool website (2014).
3. At Their Service
Read “At Their Service,” by Drake, located on the Smart CEO website (2013).
4. DOs & DON’Ts of Servant Leadership
Read “DOs & DON’Ts of Servant Leadership,” located on the Ritz-Carlton Leadership Center website (2015).
5. Leadership Expert Simon Sinek on Putting Others First
View “Leadership Expert Simon Sinek on Putting Others First,” located on the YouTube website (2014).
6. Servant Leadership Sustains Competitive US Manufacturing Advantage
Read “Servant Leadership Sustains Competitive US Manufacturing Advantage,” by Martin, located on the Industry Today website (2012).
7. Servant Leadership: A Path to High Performance
Read “Servant Leadership: A Path to High Performance,” by Hess, from The Washington Post (2013).
1. America’s Worst Charities
The America’s Worst Charities website can be used to conduct research for the topic assignment.
2. Charity Navigator
The Charity Navigator website can be used to conduct research for the topic assignment.
3. Charity Watch
The Top Rated Charities page of the Charity Watch website can be used to conduct research for the topic assignment.
4. Competitive Advantages
Review the Competitive Advantages page of the Robert K. Greenleaf Center for Servant Leadership website to locate servant leadership articles.
The Top 100 Nonprofits on the Web page of the TopNonprofits website can be used to conduct research for the topic assignment.