Social Determinants of Health and Evaluate the Collaborative Efforts
I have attached the assignment guidelines and instructions.
Topic: Social Determinants of Health (Economic Stability): Reduce the proportion of people living in poverty.
APA Style writing
Let me know if you need anything else from me.
Here are some helpful articles about the topic:
Selected Topics Guidelines
The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to select one of the five domains within social determinants of health and evaluate the collaborative efforts put forth by various workgroups toward specific objectives within the selected domain. The student will also identify if any health policies have helped or hindered their efforts. Social Determinants of Health and Evaluate the Collaborative Efforts
This assignment provides documentation of student ability to meet the following course outcomes:
- Describe the five domains of social determinants of health
- Analyze the impact of social determinants of health on health disparities, inequalities, and health related outcomes
- Examine the effects of health policies on global health outcomes
- Formulate strategies to promote effective collaborations across professions to enhance healthcare access
This assignment provides documentation of student ability to meet the following module objectives:
- Describe the SDoH workgroup objectives
- Identify lead federal agencies that assist in addressing SDoH
Submit your completed paper by the end of Week 7.
- This assignment is worth 100 points and will be graded on the quality of writing, the use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
- Create your essay using Microsoft Word (a part of Microsoft Office. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in “.docx”.
- Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about your essay may be posted under the Q&A Forum.
- The length of the reflection is to be no less than 750 words and no greater than 1000 words, excluding the title and reference pages.
- APA format is required with both a title page and a reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered):
- SDoH Domain including objectives
- SDoH Workgroup objectives that apply to chosen domain
- Are there any Policies that help or hinder progress?
- Conclusion. Social Determinants of Health and Evaluate the Collaborative Efforts
Directions and Grading Criteria
|Introduction||5||5||Introduces the purpose of the paper in a concise, well written manner.|
|SDoH Domain including objectives||20||20||Provides detailed description of the chosen SDoH Domain including objectives. Be sure to use examples from selected readings, threaded discussions, and/or applications to support your assertions.|
|SDoH Workgroup objectives that apply to chosen domain||25||25||SDoH Workgroup objectives evaluated in detail; student explains how the workgroup is making an impact toward the domain.|
|Policy||25||25||Identifies and describes any health related policies that help or hinder the workgroup’s progress. If no policies are discovered, identifies potential policies that could help.|
|Conclusion||5||5||An effective conclusion identifies the main ideas and major conclusions from the body of your essay. Minor details are left out.|
|Clarity of writing||10||10||Use of standard English grammar and sentence structure. No spelling errors or typographical errors. Organized around the required components using appropriate headers.|
|APA format||10||10||All information taken from another source, even if summarized, must be appropriately cited in the manuscript and listed in the references using APA (6th ed.) format:
1. Document setup
2. Title and reference pages
Citations in the text and references
|Total:||100||100||A quality essay will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.|
|Assignment Criteria||Meets Criteria||Partially Meets Criteria||Does Not Meet Criteria|
|Short introduction of selected SDoH domain. Rationale is well presented and purpose fully developed.
|Basic understanding and/or limited use of original explanation and/or inappropriate emphasis on an area.
|Little or very general introduction of selected SDoH. Little to no original explanation; inappropriate emphasis on an area.
|SDoH Domain including objectives
|Excellent description of the selected SDoH domain and objectives. Current data is included describing whether objectives are being met or not.
|Basic description of the selected SDoH domain and objectives. Some data is included describing whether objectives are being met or not.
|Little or very general description of the selected SDoH domain and objectives. Little to no data is included describing whether objectives are being met or not.
|SDoH Workgroup objectives that apply to chosen domain
|SDoH workgroup objectives evaluated in detail; student explains how the workgroup is making an impact toward the domain..
|SDoH workgroup objectives evaluated but lacks detail; impact is not addressed.
|SDoH workgroup objectives not evaluated; Little or very general description of impact is addressed.
|Identifies and describes any health related policies that help or hinder the workgroup’s progress. If no policies are discovered, identifies potential policies that could help.
|Student identifies policies but lacks description.
8-15 points. Social Determinants of Health and Evaluate the Collaborative Efforts
|Little or very general description of policies or does not provide potential policies.
|Excellent understanding of selected SDoH domain, objectives, and workgroup effectivess. Conclusions are well evidenced and fully developed.
|Conclusion is included; lacks support and not fully developed.
|Little to no original explanation.
|Clarity of writing
|Excellent use of standard English showing original thought. No spelling or grammar errors. Well organized with proper flow of meaning.
|Some evidence of own expression and competent use of language. No more than three spelling or grammar errors. Well organized thoughts and concepts.
|Language needs development. Four or more spelling and/or grammar errors. Poorly organized thoughts and concepts.
|APA format correct with no more than 1–2 minor errors.
|3–5 errors in APA format and/or 1–2 citations are missing.
|APA formatting contains multiple errors and/or several citations are missing.
|Total Points Possible = 100 points|