In completing the case study, students will be addressing the following learning objectives:
Identify common medical conditions that can have accompanying psychiatric complications or symptoms. Describe general nursing implications for clients experiencing psychiatric disorders that are intertwined with other nonpsychiatric illnesses.
1. Carla, a 27-year-old white single mother of two preschool-age children, is in the psychiatric hospital for treatment of anxiety and depression. Carla has a cardiac condition that requires surgery. Carla is concerned over the financial cost of the surgery and caretakers for her children while she is in the hospital and undergoing rehabilitation. Carla is also worried that she may be unable to continue in her present employment as a salesperson due to the physical demands of this position. Carla’s case is representative of many patients with medical conditions who develop psychiatric symptoms.
(Learning Objectives: 1, 2)
a. What are some prevalent medical conditions that can also be accompanied by psychiatric symptoms or complications?
b.What are some nursing implications for Carla that address both the psychiatric and nonpsychiatric illnesses?
Write a 1,000- to 1,400-word paper that addresses the following: Please include headers for each section below to ensure everything is explained in detail.
- Why is accountability important in the health care industry?
- How is an employee’s accountability measured in the health care industry?
- How does accountability apply to ethical considerations in leadership and management?
- What does a checks-and-balances process look like in a successful organization?
- How does accountability affect an organization’s working culture?
- How can you maintain a positive working culture and avoid a working culture of blame?
Cite a minimum of 4 references.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.