|Criteria||Possible Points||Points Earned||Comments|
|Title Page: no running header used,
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Nursing homework help
Title accurately reflects purpose of research, follows APA format, includes your name, course name and number and Dr. Shantelle Smith in the instructor spot
|Introduction: Identifies nature & scope of the problem & significance of conducting the integrated research review to generate knowledge for nursing practice.||10|
|Background: Provides background information, explains & defines problem, explains significance & importance of problem, defines terms if necessary.||10|
|Research Problem Statement: Indicates the gap in knowledge needed for nursing practice & provides a basis for the study purpose.||10|
|Research Purpose: Clear concise statement of the specific aim or goal of the study, one sentence.||5|
|Research Question: Clear, concise interrogative statement, written in present tense, using PICOT format with a nursing focus||5|
|Research Utilization Model: Explains the JHNEBP model and how it fits with and can be used for your proposed EBP change.||8|
|Search Criteria and Results: Includes Data Research Table correctly cited in APA and search terms and results. Includes Literature Review Tables correctly attached and labeled as an Appendix and referenced in this section. General description of types of articles and level of evidence based on the Melnyk rating pyramid. Nursing homework help||5|
|References: Formatted and cited correctly, obtained from Mav Library, includes DOI# or website if no DOI available||10|
free of spelling and grammatical errors
Total Points Earned____________ (out of 75)
This is the first assignment to introduce your PICO(T), scope and nature of the problem, background information of the problem, details regarding your research review, and the Johns Hopkins EBP approach you have taken for your research. This is a “building assignment” as part 1, then next week, part 2 will add to the Final Research Paper Assignment. You do not need to worry about self-plagiarism when continuing to part 2 and so on. If you have taken this course prior to this semester, you may not use any of your previous work from that time. Nursing homework help
Assignment Part 1 – 75 possible points. See Assignment Part 1 Rubric and Example paper.
Instructions: Follow APA 7th ed. format and follow Assignment Part 1 Rubric (refer to example paper part 1, which also includes some part 2 components, so please pay attention to the rubric)
- Use APA 7th ed. Manual or recommend APA template sites listed in content section to set up paper (Chapter 2, APA manual 7th ed.)
- Write in 12pt font Times New Roman
- This is formal writing assignment: DO NOT write in first person this means do not use: I statements. Instead, say “the writer or the author” or avoid those altogether by just referring to the components of the paper without the use of these.
- Include a Title page (Do not use Assignment 1… as your title) The title should not be your entire PICOT but should allow the reader to understand what your Research is about *see example papers in the course You do not need to use a running head for your paper but include page # appropriately placed per APA (refer to Chapter 2 and Section 2.3, 2.4. Figure 2.2).
Example title: Comparison of Pressure Reduction Boots Versus Repositioning to Reduce Pressure Ulcers in the Elderly
- Write about your topic in paragraph format using headings and subheadings. Use the rubric headings for the headings in each section of your assignment except “Introduction” the heading for the introduction. In 7th ed. APA this is the restatement of your paper title (see APA 7th ed. Section 2.7). I should see bold headings for the following: Background, Research Problem Statement, Research Purpose, Research Question, Research Utilization Model, Search Criteria and Results, and References
- Here are the categories for your paper as listed on the rubric:
- Introduction: Identifies nature & scope of the problem & significance of conducting the integrated research review to generate knowledge for nursing practice. I like to write this after I’ve completed the rest of the paper. It’s a synthesis of what you’ve written and what the reader will learn from the paper. Nursing homework help
- Background: Provides background information, explains & defines problem, explains significance & importance of problem, defines terms if necessary. This is the history of the PICOT. What happened prior to 2018 in relation to your PICOT? This is where you can cite “old and non-current” evidence. Go back as far as you need to. You should have literature support in this section.
- Research Problem Statement: Indicates the gap in knowledge needed for nursing practice & provides a basis for the study purpose. This is the current state of the problem. Why did you choose this PICOT? Don’t use personal or work experiences unless you can support them in the literature. An example would be that there is a need for your PICOT based on the literature that states further research is needed in this area. Back up with literature support in this section.
- Research Purpose: Clear concise statement of the specific aim or goal of the study, one sentence. This is only one sentence. What do you hope to accomplish in your research of your PICOT question? Typically, we don’t have one sentence paragraphs/section, but it is approved in this instance.
- Research Question: Clear, concise interrogative statement, written in present tense, using PICOT format with a nursing focus. All you need to do is include your finalized PICOT question. Again, this is a one sentence section, but it is all I’m requiring. Nursing homework help
- Research Utilization Model: Explains the JHNEBP model and application to your PICOT for your proposed EBP change. Include your week 3 assignment in paragraph format. Make sure it flows with your paper. (This section is from your week 3 assignment. Please utilize feedback from me or if you achieved 100%, only revise to flow with the rest of your paper. Make sure to add the references to your Research Review Part 1 reference page.
- Search Criteria and Results: You should have a paragraph that describes your data search including a general description of types of articles and levels of evidence based on Melnyk’s pyramid, insert the week 4 completed data search table in APA format (how you insert a table into a paper, APA 7th edition manual has instructions in Chapter 7, table 7.1), and you will also reference your week 4 literature review table in this section. The literature review table should be correctly inserted at the end of the paper, per APA formatting, labeled as an Appendix and referenced in this “search criteria and results” section in the paper as a way to guide the reader to look at the appendix. So, the data search table is inserted directly into the Search Criteria and Results section, but the Literature Review Table is inserted as an Appendix at the end of the paper. I will be grading and returning feedback by Tuesday end of day so you have ample time to revise if necessary.
- References: formatted and cited correctly, all with the exception of 1-2 should be obtained from Mav Library or other reliable source (no .coms, blogs, etc. should be used), includes DOI# or website if no DOI available. To format an APA reference page, please see APA 7th edition manual, chapters 9-10. Nursing homework help