In this assignment, you will design a plan to help a health care organization conduct a community assessment. Understanding community and state health care issues, local resources, and patient challenges can help inform health care practices and improve quality patient outcomes.
Imagine you are part of a new health care organization that is moving into a new community. You are tasked with assessing the community health care needs. You will need to submit a 3–5 page summary outlining your plan to perform a community assessment.
Complete the following:
- Describe the data needed to make informed community health assessment.
- What community statistics or demographics would be helpful to gather?
- What information from former or current health care organizations would be good to obtain?
- What other information would it be good to have a better understanding of when conducting a community health assessment?
- Describe the data collection plan for conducting community health assessment.
- Where can you find community statistics or demographic information?
- What is your data collection plan to gather other valuable community information?
- How will you ensure that this information is valid and reliable?
- How will you gather information that is not available or that you cannot find?
- Describe individual health characteristics that impact health and wellness in a community.
- What are some individual health characteristics that impact access to health care?
- How would you gather information on these health characteristics?
- What are some populations that might experience health disparities? How can you find this information out?
- Describe the community stakeholders for a community health assessment.
- What community business, health, or human services might be impacted once the results of the health assessment are completed?
- Are there government leaders that might be helpful in connecting with to gather information on community health issues or needs?
- Describe methods of building collaborative community involvement into a health assessment.
- How could you involve the community in gathering information for the health assessment?
- What community leaders would you be interested in talking with? Why?
- What are ways to build collaborative community involvement during the assessment? Why is this important?
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines. Include a title page and reference pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Length: 3–5 typed, double-spaced pages, excluding the title page and references page.