Fall Risk Nursing homework help
After reading the following article and reviewing the Nursing Care Center National Safety Goal 9, answer the questions that follow.
- Are falls in older adults a normal part of aging? Explain. Fall Risk Nursing homework help
- What can cause falls? (Think about diagnoses, medication, and environment)
- What safety precautions would be required for the above-mentioned causes?
- If safety precautions are not currently in place, who would you contact and what information will you provide?
- What factors will you assess in your patient regarding fall risk?
- You are working as the LPN in the nursing home and one of the residents has fallen in the bathroom. What will you do? Any specific assessments you will perform?
- You are working in a Long-Term Care (LTC) facility and there have been 3 falls within the past week. You have been selected to work with a team on a policy to reduce the risk of falls. What general safety precautions could you suggest adding to the policy from the article? Are they evidence-based and relatable to National Patient Safety Goal 9? Explain. Fall Risk Nursing homework help
- Why is it important as an LPN to use evidence-based research when working with RNs in developing and revising policies and procedures?
- What would be the value for you, as an LPN, in developing and revising policies and procedures to prevent falls for the residents? Fall Risk Nursing homework help