Milstead, J. A., & Short, N. M. (2019). Health policy and politics: A nurse’s guide (6th ed.). Jones & Bartlett Learning.
- Chapter 4, “Government Response: Regulation” (pp. 57–84)
- American Nurses Association. (n.d.). ANA enterpriseLinks to an external site.. Retrieved September 20, 2018, from http://www.nursingworld.org
- Bosse, J., Simmonds, K., Hanson, C., Pulcini, J., Dunphy, L., Vanhook, P., & Poghosyan, L. (2017). Position statement: Full practice authority for advanced practice registered nurses is necessary to transform primary careLinks to an external site.. Nursing Outlook, 65(6), 761–765.
- Halm, M. A. (2018). Evaluating the impact of EBP education: Development of a modified Fresno test for acute care nursing Download Evaluating the impact of EBP education: Development of a modified Fresno test for acute care nursing. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing, 15(4), 272–280. doi:10.1111/wvn.12291
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)Links to an external site.. (n.d.). Retrieved September 20, 2018, from https://www.ncsbn.org/index.htm
- Neff, D. F., Yoon, S. H., Steiner, R. L., Bumbach, M. D., Everhart, D., & Harman J. S. (2018). The impact of nurse practitioner regulations on population access to careLinks to an external site.. Nursing Outlook, 66(4), 379–385.
- Peterson, C., Adams, S. A., & DeMuro, P. R. (2015). mHealth: Don’t forget all the stakeholders in the business caseLinks to an external site.. Medicine 2.0, 4(2), e4. Nursing homework help
- Review the Resources and reflect on the mission of state/regional boards of nursing as the protection of the public through the regulation of nursing practice.
- Consider how key regulations may impact nursing practice.
- Review key regulations for nursing practice of your state’s/region’s board of nursing and those of at least one other state/region and select at least two APRN regulations to focus on for this Discussion.
Post a comparison of at least two APRN board of nursing regulations in your state/region with those of at least one other state/region. Describe how they may differ. Be specific and provide examples. Then, explain how the regulations you selected may apply to Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs) who have legal authority to practice within the full scope of their education and experience. Provide at least one example of how APRNs may adhere to the two regulations you selected. Nursing homework help