Personal relationships can be rewarding and, at times, challenging. Think back to this week’s Discussion and what constitutes a healthy or unhealthy relationship. Consider your own relationships and think about how they impact your personal health and wellness.
In addition to considering your relationships, think about your spiritual health. Spiritual health is characterized by subscribing to a way of life or “a belief in a supreme being or a specified way of living prescribed by a particular religion” and it also may include “the ability to feel a part of a greater spectrum of existence” (Donatelle, 2013, p. 8). What brings meaning to your life and how important is your spiritual health to your personal health and wellness?
To prepare for this Application Assignment:
Complete the following Personal Health Assessments in Health: The basics, 10th edition:
- Chapter 5, “Building Healthy Relationships and Understanding Sexuality”
- Chapter 4, “Preventing Violence and Injury”
- Chapter 2, “Focus On: Cultivating Your Spiritual Health”
As you complete the assessments, consider the following questions:
- How Well Do You Communicate?
- Are You At Risk for Violence?
- What’s Your Spiritual IQ?
Review Chapter 2 in Health: The Basics, 10th edition. Also, Review the article “Spiritual wellness, holistic health, and the practice of health education” located in the Learning resources. Focus on the impact of spiritual health on health and wellness.
Application Assignment (2–3 pages):
- Summarize any insights you gained related to your relationships as a result of taking the Personal Health Assessment.
- Explain how your spiritual health might impact your health and wellness.
- Explain at least three ways you may attain positive spiritual health.
Support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to the Essential Guide to APA Style for Walden Students to ensure that your in-text citations and reference list are correct.